Our God is awesome. He can move mountains and part the ocean. Yet, this very same God causes a rose to bloom and a river to flow. Our God is mighty and omnipotent; at the sound of His voice, the entire universe came into being. (Psalm 95:4-5) He holds our lives in His hands. He controls the world. Amazing, isn’t it?
Yet, this same powerful God who created the big things, is also a God of the little things. He is not proud, lofty, or puffed up. Instead, He’s humble enough to spend quality time creating simple pleasures. He made those little things in life that puts smiles on our faces and brings joy to our hearts. Simple things that we sometimes overlook. Today, slow down and take a minute to acknowledge and enjoy these simple little things …
- A meaningful smile from a spouse, parent, child or even a friend.
- Warm hugs with a lasting tight squeeze.
- Having a child that’s a living replica of you.
- Cats and dogs who make us smile and offer companionship, love, and support.
- Birds chirping melodies that men can’t compose.
- A tree casting shade on the grass, creating the perfect spot for a picnic.
- The smell of roses. He didn’t just stop at making them pretty, but He finished them off with a lovely fragrance.
- The cool wind brushing across our face on a hot summer day.
- A raindrop in its unique shape falling out of the sky, each on individual journeys, yet with one destination.
- The waves of the ocean majestically rolling to shore.
- Succulent fruits of different color, shapes, and sizes. Each with a unique flavor that has the ability to send our taste buds on an adventure.
- The rich smell of the earth after it gets wet from the rain.
- The beauty of the sun rising in the mornings and setting in the evenings.
- Colorful autumn leaves changing right before our eyes on the tree, and later making a bright carpet on the ground.
- The creative designs of all the animals–no two are alike.
“How many are your works, Lord! In wisdom you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures. There is the sea, vast and spacious, teeming with creatures beyond number– living things both large and small.” (Psalm 104: 24-25)
What is your favorite part of God’s creation to revel in?