Terms such as nail fungus, athlete’s foot, Candida, and yeast infections are familiar for most of us. According to the CDC, however, there are approximately 1.5 million species of fungi on Earth. Pathogenic (disease-causing) fungi number around 300. Some of the more common ones are listed here.
Fungi produce a by-product known as mycotoxins: “myco” = fungus / “toxin” = poison. Those mycotoxins can wreak havoc with our health by infecting human tissue.
WHERE IS FUNGUS FOUND?
3) On Plants
4) In Water
5) Food Supply – Commonly found on grains (including corn and sugar) and peanuts. Alcohol is a by-product of fermentation (yeast converts sugar into alcohol). Mushrooms are a fungus. Although cooking can kill fungi, it cannot destroy mycotoxins because they are heat-stable.
6) Homes and basements (warm, moist, and dark areas)
7) In Corporate Buildings – Toxic Building Syndrome is a condition where those who work there can become ill from chemicals or organisms that are toxic. Fungi produce spores and mycotoxins which can become airborne, particularly near vents.
WHO WILL GET SICK?
According to the NIH regarding fungal spores,
“You can inhale the spores or they can land on you. As a result, fungal infections often start in the lungs or on the skin. You are more likely to get a fungal infection if you have a weakened immune system or take antibiotics.”
1) Prescription Anti-Fungal Medications
2) Natural Anti-Fungal Supplements – Oil of oregano, tea tree oil, neem, garlic, caprylic acid, olive leaf extract, and coconut oil are only a few.
3) Probiotics – Antibiotics destroy both “bad” and “good” bacteria. After completing the full regimen of antibiotics, replenish the gut with probiotics.
4) Limit Sugar, Corn, Peanuts, and Grains – Sugar feeds fungi.
5) Anti-Fungal Food – Fresh vegetables, grass-fed lean meats, wild-caught cold-water fish, seasonal fruits, nuts, and seeds will support a healthy immune system. Garlic and onions are excellent anti-fungal foods.
6) Housekeeping – Clean homes can also have a mold issue. If you’ve ever had a leak (and who hasn’t), you probably have mold in your home. Mold test kits are available at hardware and home improvement stores. Since fungus is in our air and soil, chances are it will culture something anyway. But if it grows aspergillus or some other pathogenic species, you may need to have it remediated.
7) Photocatalytic Air Purifiers – These improve indoor air quality.
(Information in this article is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. The content is for educational purposes only.)
JESUS IS THE ANSWER FOR SPIRITUAL AND PHYSICAL HEALING
“When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.” (Mark 2:17 / KJV)
If you have suffered from a fungal infection, what treatments were recommended?