10 Bible Verses That Can Get You Through Any Day
By Joel B.
Friends, we all have our off days or days where we could use some inspiration, so I’m listing ten Bible verses that are sure to get you through any day. This is by no means an exclusive list, as there are many inspirational and helpful scriptures in the Holy Bible, but I at least wanted to give you a starting point or a reference point in case you need it. So I will list each scripture with a brief commentary on why it is significant.
1. Isaiah 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.
Being a servant of God certainly has it perks, and one of them is that no weapon, especially spiritual weapons, shall prosper against you. That means that you have an omnipotent Lord that has got your back no matter how crazy your day may seem and you can push forward without worrying about anything nasty sneaking up on you.
2. Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
In addition to the Lord having your back, He also has plans to improve you. He does this through a refining process similar to gold. He just keeps refining and refining and your traits get purer as time goes on as long as you’re staying close to the Him.
3. Matt 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
People sometimes get it mixed up. Being a Christian doesn’t have to be rough. In fact, Christ tells us his yoke is easy and if we find our rest in Him, that seemingly difficult day is going to transform into something restful to the soul.
4. Luke 1:37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.
How many times do we expect things to fail and then suddenly…BOOM…we are certain a miracle just happened because things went differently, and not quite as bad as we thought? Well, with God we know all things are possible. That means God may intervene in your life at any time and bring about positive changes.
5. John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever.
The Father has sent us the Holy Spirit at the request of the Son’s prayer, and because of that we have a Comforter who will guide us, refine us, and give us necessary gifts. Wow, sounds like a Helper to get us through our days. Not only today, but “forever.”
6. Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Isn’t it amazing? God uses even the bad things for good for those that are called according to His purpose. That means you!
7. Eph 2:5-6 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus.
You are royalty in Christ! That’s right! Royal princes and princesses! When we accept the gift of salvation we are lifted up in heavenly places whether we realize it or not. Just something to think about when you’re having one of those days when you’re questioning your worth.
8. Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Christ not only gives us rest in Him, but He gives us strength. His strength. And with his strength anything becomes possible. Scripture even talks about believers being able to move mountains with faith the size of a mustard seed, or do even greater things!
9. 1 Thess 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ.
Isn’t it great to know that God is genuinely interested in our salvation. Even those who aren’t interested in their own salvation; God is actively pursuing and does not wish them to experience wrath. So, don’t find yourself troubled over a loved one and their spiritual state. Just keep pushing forward and put your trust in the Lord.
10. James 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
We have direct access to the throne of God. All we have to do is draw nigh to Him and He will make it a point to reach out to you! Wow! What a privilege! And we have access 24/7!
All these verses demonstrate that God cares about our well-being and wants us to be successful in our lives. He tells us things are possible because He wants us to have faith and believe that He will provide even in the hardest of times. So, don’t let life ever get you down. If you feel yourself getting frustrated just reach out to the Lord and find your rest and strength in Him. Thank you for reading and God bless.