1. Marriage is a team effort working together with the same frame of mind. Only marry a man who is truly seeking after God’s heart.
“Do not be yoked together with unbelievers.” (2 Corinthians 7:14)
2. Think before you speak. Will your words edify your husband or deflate his self worth?
“The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit”. (Proverbs 18:2`)
3. Take time to keep your relationship growing with one another. Study one another.
“Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.” (Proverbs 3:3)
4. Hold your tongue. You do not need to win every time. It’s okay to lose.
“Starting a quarrel is like breaching a dam; so drop the matter before a dispute breaks out.”(Proverbs 17:14)
5. Honesty is the best policy. Keep no hidden secrets.
“A wife of noble character is her husband’s crown, but a disgraceful wife is like decay in his bones.” (Proverbs 12:4)
6. Ask the Lord to give you wisdom and discernment in everything you do.
“The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down.” (Proverbs 14:1)
7. Choose your battles carefully. Decide whether the issue is worth the time and effort that will be spent dividing your relationship with one another?
“Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand. (Matthew 12:25)
8. Love your husband, but most importantly respect him.
“…the wife must respect her husband.” (Ephesians 5:33)
9. Be intimate often with each other both physically and mentally to prevent a wandering heart. This becomes most important after starting a family.
“The wife’s body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband’s body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife. Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time…..so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.”(1 Corinthians 7:4-5)
10. Take care of yourself.
“Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit lives in you?” (1 Corinthians 3:16)