As Christians, most of us are familiar with the Ten Commandments, even reciting most of them from memory. We know that God loved the whole world and sent His Son. We know His Words as our Shepherd in the 23rd Psalm. But the Bible is filled with beautiful Scriptures that are often overlooked or unknown, though they tell us much about Who our God is. Do you know that He sings over His people, laughs at the schemes of our enemies, calls us the apple of His eye, and even has a book of remembrance with the things we share about Him inside? He also saves every tear we’ve ever cried in a bottle. Yes, God really said that!
Tucked within the pages of His Word are precious truths, not just about the world as a whole, but about you:
- You are the apple of His Eye: ” –for he who touches you touches the apple [or pupil] of His
eye–“. Zechariah 2:8
- His thoughts toward you outnumber the grains of sand: “How precious and weighty also are your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them! If I could count them, they would be more in number than the sand … “. Psalm 139: 17-18
- He has a book of remembrance and you are in it: “Then those who feared the Lord talked often one to another; and the Lord listened and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before Him of those who reverenced and worshipfully feared the Lord and who thought on His Name.” Malachi 3:16
- He sings over you: “He will rejoice over you with joy; He will rest [in silent satisfaction] and in His love He will be silent and make no mention [of past sins, or even recall them]; He will exult over you with singing.” Zephaniah 3:17
- He laughs at your enemies’ futile attempts to cause destruction: “The Lord laughs at [the wicked], for He sees that their own day [of defeat] is coming.” Psalm 37:13
- He has your tears saved in a bottle: “You number and record my wanderings; put my tears into your bottle–are they not in your book?” Psalm 56:8
Yes, God really said that; He has more thoughts towards you than there are grains of sand, and His book of remembrance includes your words to Him. He sings over you and laughs at those who wish you harm. And every tear of pain or joy that you’ve every cried–all saved in a bottle.
We serve an amazing Creator, Who loves each of us without measure! Many hurting people have never heard the truth about Who God is… what will you do today to share Him with others who need to know Him and need to know the truth: that He cares for them too?
(All Scripture references taken from the Amplified version of the Bible)