After US election in 2020, some Christians may struggle with the result and possibly hear the lies of the devil.
In the midst of chaos, the safest way to protect yourself is to stick to the Biblical truth and let all-knowing God handle the things you are not 100% sure so that you won’t be confused by the surroundings.
The truth is based on the Bible:
- God never abandons the saints who fear Him and love Him with all their hearts.
The Lord favors those who fear Him,
Those who wait for His lovingkindness. (Psalm 147:11)
- God is sovereign over the nations.
For the kingdom is the Lord’s
And He rules over the nations. (Psalm 22:28)
- God avenges the righteous in Jesus Christ and will cut off evil men so that we don’t need to fret in the unknown situations but wait for the Lord in hope.
Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret—it leads only to evil. For those who are evil will be destroyed, but those who hope in the Lord will inherit the land. (Psalms 37:8-9)
Here are some lies of devil if you hear:
- I need to stop the unrighteous by angry violence to defend God’s righteousness.
- God’s name might be ridiculed if the result is not what I prayed for.
- God has abandoned me because He rejected my prayer for what I want.
If you hear something like this, then ask God to show the sins you may need to confess so that you don’t leave a foothold to Satan. And ask God to show you the truth from the Bible so that you can defend.
Here are some fighting strategy for each lie:
1.Confess the sin of self-righteousness. Then proclaim: God’s righteousness has been revealed through Jesus Christ’s crucifixion and resurrection.
“Behold, the days are coming,” declares the Lord, “When I will raise up for David a righteous Branch; And He will reign as king and act wisely. And do justice and righteousness in the land. (Jeremiah 23:5)
2. Confess the sin of lacking faith in Jesus. Then proclaim: God is the solid Rock and no one can shake Him not even a little.
For who is God, but the Lord? And who is a rock, except our God, (Psalm 18:31)
3.Confess the sin of self-pity. Then proclaim: Jesus Christ has died for my sins and bore all the curse and rejection on behalf of me. And God has adopted me and will never abandon me through my faith in the power of Jesus Christ’s blood.
For the LORD will not forsake His people; He will never abandon His heritage. (Psalm 94:14)
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you or forsake you. (Deuteronomy 31:6)