Tim and Jill McLarty adopted Hunter, a 3 month old Husky mix, from a Michigan Humane Society adoption center in Sterling Heights, Michigan. It was a month after the McLarty’s adopted Hunter that he began to fuss in the middle of the night. Jill McLarty attempted to settle Hunter by taking him outside and even cuddling with him, but nothing seemed to work. Finally she let him go free and he began running in circles, then led Jill to the kitchen and sat next to the stove.
When Jill looked at the stove she realized she had not turned off one of the gas burners all the way. There was no flame, just gas leaking out. It had been leaking for about six hours. Hunter saved the McLarty family! Hunter was a hero! Since the incident Tim McLarty has replied to the incident, “As cliché as it sounds, the life you save may save yours.” Very well spoken. Way to go Hunter!