Though things seem to be in total chaos these days, we can still be thankful for the privilege of living in the most blessed and free country in the world.
We honor our forefathers and show our gratitude through our active participation as citizens. We can continue to build on the foundation built by these first freedom fighters. Our founding fathers framed the Constitution in such a way as to allow ‘We the people,’ to hold the power. they built this great nation on the principles of freedom, individual liberty, and personal responsibility. They constructed our system of government to ensure that the citizens retain the power to determine their own destination as a nation.
In the belief that we are endowed by our Creator and guided by faith, they entrusted this creation – these United States of America, to those of us who live in the freedom that they worked so diligently to preserve.
First we must honor God, using our lives for His glory by offering our best selves in whatever we do. Colossians 3:17
The following are a few ways that we can honor God and country:
- Keep up with what’s going on in government.
- Stay informed about the bills being proposed in Congress.
- Voice objections to laws that you believe what jeopardize liberty.
- Get involved and help to promote laws which protect and advance the cause of freedom.
- Engage others who may not be well informed about the political process.
- Encourage others to learn and participate, and work within the system when they feel change is necessary.
Above all else – PRAY! It is the most effective way to facilitate God-honoring change, thanking God for a blessed nation.
- Pray for protection from enemies both foreign and domestic, and all harm both physical and spiritual.
- Pray for spiritual awakening and wisdom for individuals.
- Pray for peace and unity within our citizenry.
- Pray for leaders who possess integrity and for divine guidance in their decision-making.
34) Thank the Lord for because He is good. His love endures forever. 35) Say to Him, “Save us God our Savior, and bring us back and save us from other nations. Then we will thank You and gladly praise You.” 1 Chronicles 16:34-35 NCV